Download Practical English Usage 4e
A vital reference tool for teachers and higher-level learners
Over 600 short entries on common problems in English
Free sample entries available: see below.
spoken and written grammar, vocabulary, spelling and pronunciation,
formal and informal language, British-American differences
Clear simple explanations; examples in natural everyday English
New revised and updated edition, reorganised into two parts for easier quicker reference:
1. Complete topic-by-topic student's grammar,
with section introductions highlighting common mistakes.
2. Guide to key vocabulary topics,
with A–Z list of over 250 common word problems.
Additional background notes on:
• changes in English
• the meaning of ‘correctness’
• standard English and dialect grammar
• other world varieties of English
• style and idiom
• avoiding offensive language
and many other matters
When using the app, you can:
• find the information you want quickly through the Index search or the systematic Contents list
• navigate immediately between related entries through the many cross-references
• listen to demonstrations of pronunciation points
• create your own list of favourite entries
• go to ‘History’ to return to recent searches
Free sample entries
When do we use ‘will’, ‘going to’ or present progressive to talk about the future?
Can ‘they’ and ‘them’ have a singular meaning?
Why can't we say *‘She’s very interested in the nature’*?
When do we use ‘get’ as a passive auxiliary? For example: ‘He got link Link is Here
The truth about conditionals
When do we use ‘bring’ and when do we use ‘take’?
When do we use ‘can’, ‘could’, ‘may’ or ‘might’ to talk about permission?
How do we read out an email address?
How can we use a question to sound more polite?
When do we use ‘classic’ and when do we use ‘classical’?
How do we use passives like 'Her sister was given the car'?
Why can't we say *‘I look forward to hear from you’*?
When do we use ‘do’/’does’/’did’ in questions beginning ‘Who...’? And when not?
To access free sample, click ‘Install’ above
How can download Practical English Usage 4e
You Can Download Practical English Usage 4e from this links :
What is new in version 5.6.1
NEW Practical English Usage Fourth Edition